Mental Health First Aid
Did you know that each year approximately
- 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition
- 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace
- Mental health costs the UK economy £26bn through lost production, sick pay and other associated costs*
Research has shown that work is the biggest cause of stress which can stop people performing at their best and increases staff turnover which is costly for any employer.
Mental health conditions are one of society’s biggest killers as they are often hidden due to stigma and fear of discrimination. Research has shown that a culture of fear and silence around mental health is costly to employers.
We are working with organisations like yours to help combat mental health. This is done by training your employees to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
A happy workforce
greater quality of work and better culture
The training provided by an ex paramedic with over 30 years’ experience in the NHS. The trainer not only has the insight as a healthcare professional but has experience of mental health issues.
We pride ourselves on using cutting edge learning tools, with fun and positive energy. Also, we offer Ofqual accredited courses of the highest quality, in a professional manner.
This FAA/Ofqual accredited qualification:
- Knowledge of the wide range of mental health conditions
- How to start a supportive conversation
- Ability to know when and how to signpost a person at risk of mental health issues to seek the appropriate help
- How to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse
If you want to learn more about the course you can speak to us directly on 07379 147759 or 01554 788134.
Our aim is to abolish mental health issues in the workplace and you will benefit from this as you will receive better work from your employees, which in turn gives better products/services to your customers.
So contact today as to how we can help your organisation to prevent and reduce the risks of mental health issues.https://www.base-uk.org/staff-retention